Behaviour Support Coordinator (1 temporary, 1 permanent)
Westfield School are currently seeking to appoint a highly motivated, experienced and organised individual who will take a key role in assisting pupils identified with behavioural needs. This will include running a behaviour support room which is an internal exclusion resource for students who have been removed from their lessons due to inappropriate behaviour for a fixed period of time. They are currently planning to trial operating 2 rooms; 1 at Key stage 3 and 1 at key stage 4. The role will require you to establish positive relationships and partnerships with young people, acting as role model and responding to the needs of individual students, as well as working closely with teaching staff and pastoral teams. The successful applicant will need to have good numeracy and literacy skills as well as excellent communication and inter-personal skills. Experience of working with young people in a school setting is desirable. They are looking for:
- Someone who is an excellent role model, creative and motivational
- Someone who is able to inspire and challenge young people
- Someone who has a good understanding of the job requirements
- Someone who can create a positive and calm environment in which students can learn, feel safe and which is conducive to good behaviour
- Someone who can communicate effectively with students, allowing them to reflect and improve their behaviours shown in school
- Someone with exciting ideas who can build on existing good practice
Closing Date for Applications is Midnight on the 6th October 2021!
For more information on the role, and how to apply, visit the Chorus trust website.