Attendance/Home Visits Officer
Sheffield South East Trust has a vision of providing outstanding education for all the pupils within our schools. The Trust is passionate that all parents should see their child /children’s time at school as happy and fulfilling with their potential developed to the utmost. We are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Attendance / Home Liaison Officer; to work as part of the school attendance team.
The school serves a diverse community in the south east of the city. In January 2018, the school became an academy as part of the Sheffield South East Trust (SSET), which unites six local schools (Manor Lodge Primary, Wybourn Primary. Acres Hill Primary, Phillimore Primary and Woodhouse West Primary). The schools within the Trust work closely together for the benefit of the children and communities they serve. There are many opportunities for support, training and networking between the schools.
The successful candidate will:
- Be self-motivated and have the ambition to develop with the support of the Trust
- Have the ability to work as part of a team and to work independently
- Have good interpersonal skills that ensure organisational communication is effective with pupils and families
- Utilise a range of systems to ensure accuracy of data attendance records
- Have the ability and skill to motivate families to improve their attendance levels across the school
- Have good communication and liaison skills and the ability to establish and maintain good personal working relationships with all members of the school community
- Be willing to work flexibly to meet the demands of the job
Closing date for applications is 2nd July 2021.
For more information visit the Sheffield City Council website.