Attendance and Welfare Manager
Bradfield School requires an Attendance and Welfare Manager for September 2021.
Bradfield School is a Member of Tapton School Academy Trust. The Trust have a shared vision to ‘realise the life chances and dreams of every child’. Our mission is to provide a safe place to be, provide great teaching and learning and create an environment where all opportunities are within reach. Membership provides a range of opportunities for collaborative working and continuing professional development with a network of secondary and primary schools within the locality.
You will be required to work within the remit of the school attendance policy and procedure to improve levels of student attendance. Working with students and their parents/carers, to re-engage these children with education. Under an agreed system of supervision: take a lead role within the school to ensure the safeguarding of children and support for local families in accessing services
You will need to be able to:
- Ensure that school continues to improve the attendance of students by challenging absence accordingly
- Undertake home visits to those students that are persistently absent, identifying reasons for non-attendance, working closely with families and others to achieve regular attendance
- Monitor attendance of key students, provide immediate response in the event of an absence, liaising with the Heads of Year and Pupil Support Officers to ease return to school with appropriate support
- To meet parents on a regular basis to discuss attendance strategies and draft parental agreements
- To attend Attendance Panel Meetings and meetings with other agencies as appropriate
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Share in our vision for realising the life chances and dreams of every child
In return they can offer you:
- A vibrant learning community with a team who are committed to great teaching and learning for all its pupils
- A high level of community involvement
- A well-resourced and stimulating environment
- An established MAT of schools which shares and builds on effective practice
- A great place to work where colleagues are valued and receive high quality support with rich learning and development opportunities
Closing date for applications: 26th May 2021
For more information please visit Sheffield City Council’s website.