Bradfield School requires an Assistant SENDCO for September 2021. The Assistant SENDCO will be expected to work closely with the Assistant Headteacher & SENDCO on the wider aspects of learning support and inclusion within the school and making a positive contribution to promoting high quality teaching and removing barriers to learning and engagement in school where they exist.
You will be required to work with our SENDCO and the wider inclusion team in developing and managing the effective provision for students identified as having Special Educational Need or Disability (SEND), promoting high standards of learning and achievement for all pupils.
You will need to be able to:
- Work closely with the wider inclusion team at Bradfield to ensure barriers to learning are removed, adopting the mantra of unconditional positive regard
- Support the SENDCO with providing a strategic vision for the department and promote a fully inclusive ethos and curriculum across school
- Have a knowledge and understanding of the SEND Code of Practice (2014) and keep up to date with national and local developments
- Work with colleagues across the locality to ensure our provision has the greatest impact
- Ensuring a smooth transition for SEND students
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Share in our vision for realising the life chances and dreams of every child
In return they can offer you:
- A vibrant learning community with a team who are committed to great teaching and learning for all its pupils
- A high level of community involvement
- A well-resourced and stimulating environment
- An established MAT of schools which shares and builds on effective practice
- A great place to work where colleagues are valued and receive high quality support with rich learning and development opportunities
Closing date for applications: 6th June 2021
For more information please visit Sheffield City Council’s website.