Apprentice Learning Support Assistant
Start date: 01 September 2021
Minerva Learning Trust is an expanding Sheffield based multi-academy Trust with a vision of providing outstanding education for all the students within our schools. The Trust is passionate that all students should see their time at school as happy and fulfilling with their potential developed to the utmost. Stocksbridge High School is an ambitious and inclusive 11 to 16 comprehensive school firmly rooted in our local community. We are open, friendly and welcoming with great students and a dedicated staff. Stocksbridge High School is part of Minerva Learning Trust and together we have a vision of providing outstanding education for all the students within our schools.
They are seeking to appoint an Apprentice Learning Support Assistant on a fixed term contract in-line with the apprenticeship. The successful post-holder will join a team of skilled and experienced individuals who work with our students who have special educational needs and disabilities. The successful candidate will help to:
- Organise, develop and deliver personalised intervention activities, which enhance the learning of students who are not making expected progress, particularly in literacy and numeracy and other areas where directed.
- Liaise with classroom teachers and individual students to agree learning targets and devise action plans to support progress.
- Provide feedback to students in relation to progress and achievement and where appropriate meet with parents/carers to encourage parental participation and ensure that they have full knowledge of student progress.
- Work across the inclusion team and facilities in school to develop expertise and programmes to meet the needs of students.
- Work with students in the classroom.
The successful candidate will have excellent numeracy and literacy skills, they will be supported and mentored throughout their apprenticeship by a robust team of professionals who are experienced in managing the school’s learning support provision for our students
Closing Date for applications is 9am, 2nd July 2021.
For more information visit the Minerva Learning Trust website.