After School Club Co-ordinator (part-time)
Hallam primary schools is seeking to appoint a part-time After School Club Co-ordinator to start as soon as possible.
Hallam is a large, inclusive and welcoming school set on an open site with an abundance of green space located to the west of Sheffield. The school sits at the heart of an established, close-knit yet growing community and provides education from 4 to 11. Our children are happy, safe and enjoy a creative curriculum and our parents greatly value their children’s education and the work of the school. In addition to this the school has been part of a large expansion project which has seen us extend to three classes per year and over 600 pupils.
The school is at the heart of its community and in September 2015 became a member of Tapton School Academy Trust. Membership of the Academy Trust provides a range of opportunities for partnership working and continuing professional development with an outstanding secondary school and a network of primary schools within the locality. We are all working together to establish really effective practice for the benefit of every child.
You will need to:
- Have experience of working within an After-School Club/Breakfast Club setting.
- Provide line management of the After-School Club/Breakfast Club team including performing appraisals, managing absence and performance.
- Manage bookings for After School Club/ Breakfast club and ensure that they are operating at capacity.
- Ensure all welfare requirements are met and in place.
- Ensure that a wide range of creative and enjoyable activities are offered.
- Consult with the children and involve them in the planning of activities.
- Encourage parental involvement and support through the development of effective working relationships.
- Excellent inclusive practice.
- Demonstrate evidence of working successfully with children with additional needs.
- Ensure that play meets the full range of children’s individual and group needs.
In return we can offer you:
- a staff team with a vision of excellence for the future.
- a dedicated and aspirational Governing Body.
- a committed and supportive community which plays an active role in the school.
- • a well-resourced and stimulating environment.
Visits to the school are welcomed and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Suzanne McGloin on 0114 2304430, at email@example.com
Full details of the job, including the job description and applicant pack, can be obtained from the TES website here.
Application forms can be obtained from the school website here.
Completed applications should be returned to Mrs Suzanne McGloin – School Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not complete a Local Authority Application form for this post.
Closing date for applications: Monday 17th May
Interviews: Wednesday 26th May 2021
Hallam Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the interests of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
References for short-listed candidates will be requested before the interview.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure