The Governing Body are looking to appoint an Admin Officer to join their busy Admin Team as soon as possible. This role will be working in the main office providing a front of house service. The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and students and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential to the role. It will also include whole school administrative support and there will also be a number of designated responsibilities to oversee. There may also be a need to provide additional support to other Primary Schools within Tapton School Academy Trust. This would be on an ad hoc basis covering absence and offering additional capacity. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking reception duties, answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries and signing in visitors
- Assisting with pupil first aid/welfare duties, looking after sick pupils, liaising with parents/staff etc in accordance with the school policy on administering drugs
- Assisting with arrangements for visits by school nurse, photographer etc.
- Providing routine clerical support e.g. photocopying, filing, emailing, completing routine forms
- Maintaining manual and computerised records/management information systems
- Undertaking typing, word-processing and other IT based tasks
- Sorting and distributing mail
- Undertaking routine administration e.g. school meals, filing
- Operating office equipment e.g. photocopier, computer
- Arranging orderly and secure storage of supplies and stationery
- Undertaking any routine financial administration
- Being aware of and complying with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Being aware of and ensure equal opportunities for all
- Contributing to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school
- Appreciating and supporting the role of other professionals as appropriate
- Attending and participating in relevant meetings as required
- Participating in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Any other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the grade and role
You will need to:
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be approachable and responsive to the needs of the school and community
- Have good ICT skills and have the ability to multi task.
- Have an excellent work ethic and be a strong team worker
Closing date for applications is 27th April 2022!
For more information on the role, and how to apply, click here to visit the TES website, searching for Sheffield.