National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) a national, voluntary suite of qualifications designed to support the professional development of teachers and leaders.
From September 2021 a reformed suite of NPQs will be available for teachers and leaders who want to develop their knowledge and skills in school leadership and specialist areas of teaching practice.
These reforms include:
- reforming the 3 existing NPQs in senior leadership, headship and executive leadership,
- replacing the current NPQ in middle leadership with 3 new NPQs for teachers and leaders who want to develop their expertise in specialist areas of teaching practice which are:
- supporting the training and development of others
- developing teachers who are subject leads or responsible for improving teaching practice in a subject or phase
- developing teachers who have responsibilities for leading behaviour and culture
Further information will be posted here in early 2021 about who the provider of these new NPQs will be in our region.