The South Yorkshire Teaching Hub provides an online community and one-stop service for everything to do with teaching in our region.
Designated by the Department of Education (DfE), (and chosen to be one of the initial test and learn sites), we support over 308 schools within the Sheffield and Rotherham area. Our remit is to focus on the recruitment, support, development and retention of colleagues within our region. We are here from the moment they join the profession and throughout their career.
We create a community that connects colleagues, Schools, Mats, Trusts and Education partners across our region, to support their work to improve student outcomes and deliver the best educational experience to our young people.
- Are the Appropriate Body for Early Career Teachers.
- Play a significant role in school-based teacher training (ITT).
- Deliver and support the delivery of the Early Career Framework.
- Support the delivery of the new specialist National Professional Qualifications (NPQ).
- Support the delivery of the new leadership National Professional Qualifications (NPQ).
- Promote opportunities and roles within our region for all our colleagues.
- Seek, create and promote Professional Development opportunities for all colleagues.
- Deliver high-quality evidence-based professional development to all colleagues.
- Showcase the amazing work, initiatives and research taking place in our region’s schools.
We also work with and showcase the work our partner:
- Behaviour Hubs
- Curriculum Hubs
- English Hubs
- Maths Hub
- Our partner schools
- Research schools