The South Yorkshire Teaching Hub provides an online community and one-stop service for everything to do with teaching in our region.
Designated by the Department of Education (DfE), (and one of the first Hubs), we support over 318 schools within the Sheffield and Rotherham area. Our remit is to focus on the recruitment, support, development and retention of colleagues within our region. We are here from the moment you join the profession and throughout your career.
We create a community that connects colleagues, schools, MATs, Trusts and education partners across our region, supporting their work to improve student outcomes and deliver the best educational experience to our young people.
- Play a significant role in school-based teacher training (ITT) through our STTA and SCITT.
- Deliver and support the delivery of the Early Career Framework (ECF).
- Are the Appropriate Body for Early Career Teachers (AB).
- Support the delivery of the new specialist National Professional Qualifications (NPQ).
- Support the delivery of the new leadership National Professional Qualifications (NPQ).
- Promote opportunities and roles within our region for all our colleagues.
- Seek, create and promote development opportunities for all (CPD).
- Deliver high-quality evidence-based professional development (CPD).
- Showcase the amazing work, initiatives and research taking place in our region’s schools.
- Support the retention of colleagues within our region through showcasing employment opportunities.
We also work with and showcase the work of our partners:
- Behaviour Hubs
- Curriculum Hubs
- English Hubs
- Maths Hub
- Our partner schools
- Research schools
- Educational Partners